To maintain the highest quality supervisors in the field, AAMFT requires that Approved Supervisors take a refresher course prior to the renewal of their designation. This online course is designed specifically to meet that requirement and to keep participants up to date on the practice of clinical supervision.
Note - This course is new to AAMFT in 2014 and availability is limited. We will make our best efforts to meet the demand. However, to guarantee availability, early registration is advised.
This online course consists of three parts:
- Completion of a two-hour online didactic portion to be completed on your own through AAMFT's Teneo online learning system.
- Readings, discussion forum participation, and short assignments as directed by the instructor.
- Participation in one three-hour interactive, online discussion group.
Upcoming discussion group times:
- Friday, July 11, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern) 1 spot available
- Friday, July 18, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern) 1 spot available
- Friday, September 12, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern) sold out
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern) sold out
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern)
- Friday, November 14, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern)
- Friday, December 5, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern)
- Friday, December 12, 2014; 2:00 5:00 p.m. (eastern)
$215 - Each participant will receive a certificate of completion as well as credit for five continuing education hours
Technical Requirements for interactive portions (Please note the technical requirements for the online
discussion groups are listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure
your computer system meets these needs prior to your discussion groups session):
*Detailed system requirements can be viewed here.
- Internet connection with cable modem, DSL or better.
- PC or Mac Computer
- PC: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server. Dual core 2.4 GHz CPU or faster with at least 2
GB of RAM.
- Mac: Mac OS® X 10.6 Snow Leopard®, Mac OS® X 10.7 (Lion®) or Mac OS® X 10.8 (Mountain Lion®). 2.4GHz Intel processor (Core 2 Duo) or faster with at least 1 GB of RAM.
- Internet Explorer® 7.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 or newer, Google Chrome™ 5.0 or newer or Safari® 3.0 or newer.
- 700Kbps or more bandwidth recommended per participant for simultaneous screen sharing, audio and video conferencing.
This course CANNOT be accessed using an iPad or other mobile device.
Due to the limited availability of spaces in the online Approved Supervision courses, cancellations and any subsequent request for refund must be made 30 days prior to the start of your scheduled interactive session. Cancellations made within 30 days of the course, will be eligible for a 25% refund. Requests to move your registration to another class time is subject to availability of classes and will be done free of charge 15 days prior to the start of your scheduled interactive session. Within 15 days, changing to another course time will be subject to a $50 administrative fee. All requests must be made in writing, and can be sent to email@example.com.