To maintain the highest quality supervisors in the field, AAMFT requires that Approved Supervisors take a refresher course prior to the renewal of their designation. As of the January 2014 supervision standards, the refresher course can be taken no sooner than two years prior to a person's designation expiration. This course is designed specifically to meet that requirement and to keep participants up to date on the practice of clinical supervision. This online course includes a didactic portion of viewing presentations, reading articles, writing a short reflection paper, and uploading a supervision contract; as well as attending a 3-hour online interactive session. Please note: posts on the discussion list are not required.
As of July 1, 2015, all refresher courses are offered exclusively through AAMFT. If you attended a refresher course prior to that date through another provider, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we can still accept that course toward your renewal.
In order to renew your AAMFT Approved Supervisor designation, you must also complete the AAMFT Approved Supervisor Renewal Form and submit it to AAMFT. If you do not complete and return this form, your supervisor designation will not be renewed.
NOTE: There is a high demand for this course. We at AAMFT will try to meet this demand as best we can; however, to guarantee availability, early registration is strongly advised.
This online course consists of three parts:
- Completion of the online didactic portion to be completed on your own.
- Readings and short assignments as directed by the instructor.
- Participation in one three-hour interactive, online discussion group.
We ask that you please use a headset, earbuds, or any type of personal earphone for the interactive portion of this class. Access and use of a webcam is required for this session, and lack thereof may result in removal from the session. Please be sure to test using the equipment (i.e. computer, browser, headset, etc.) that you are planning to use to complete the course. Access to interactive webinars needs to be from a non-distracting, private place because of confidentiality and security. Please avoid accessing the interactive webinars from public areas (coffeehouses, restaurants, etc.). Please e-mail email@example.com for any questions regarding this.
Click here to access the didactic portion of your course!
Upcoming Online Discussion Group Times:
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Friday, July 22, 2016 at 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET SOLD OUT!
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET
- Friday, August 5, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
- Friday, August 12, 2016 at 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET
- Friday, August 19, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
- Friday, September 2, 2016 at 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET
- Friday, September 9, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. ET
Upcoming In-Person Refresher Courses:
The next in-person AAMFT Approved Supervisor Refresher Course will be taking place Thursday, September 15, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. in Indianapolis, IN as part of the 2016 AAMFT Annual Conference. For more information and to register, please visit our AAMFT Conference Website.
5 hours of CE credit will be received after the full completion of this course.
$215 - Each participant will receive a certificate of completion as well as credit for five continuing education hours
AAMFT is more than happy to provide visual and audio accommodations for those interested in taking this course. If you require accommodations to take this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks before your interactive session.
Technical Requirements for Interactive Portions:
Technical requirements for the online discussion groups are listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets these needs prior to your discussion groups session.
To ensure that the course starts smoothly and on-time, please test the system that you are planning to use for the course by clicking on this test link. If this is your first time accessing a BlueJeans meeting, you will likely need to give permission/allow your browser to download the plug-in. This helpful PDF can walk you through the process of downloading the plug-in and allowing its use on your computer. If you are having any technical issues or would like to further test your system, please contact your education coordinator at email@example.com.
- Internet connection with cable modem, DSL or better.
- PC or Mac Computer
- PC: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server. Dual core 2.4 GHz CPU or faster with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: Mac OS® X 10.6 Snow Leopard®, Mac OS® X 10.7 (Lion®) or Mac OS® X 10.8 (Mountain Lion®). 2.4GHz Intel processor (Core 2 Duo) or faster with at least 1 GB of RAM.
- Internet Explorer® 7.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 or newer, Google Chrome™ 5.0 or newer or Safari® 3.0 or newer.
- 700Kbps or more bandwidth recommended per participant for simultaneous screen sharing, audio and video conferencing.
- Headsets, headphones, earbuds, or any personal earphone.
In the case of circumstances beyond its control, the AAMFT reserves the right to make necessary changes in presenters and content of all AAMFT Approved Supervision Refresher Courses.
Due to the limited availability of spaces in the online Approved Supervision courses, cancellations and any subsequent request for refund must be made 30 days prior to the start of your scheduled interactive session. Cancellations made within 30 days of the course, will be eligible for a 25% refund. Requests to move your registration to another class time is subject to availability of classes and will be subject to a $50 administrative fee.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing, and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding the Approved Supervision designation, please email email@example.com.